Undoubtedly, the content provided by MeTV is incomparable, and there are some highly fascinating MeTV shows that keep you engrossed with it. However, many of you may remain confused regarding how to watch MeTV on Roku, plus the existence of several processes in this regard may confuse you more.
No worries! It’s time to clear your doubt. Here, you will get to know how to stream MeTV on Roku using different techniques.
Is MeTV on Roku Accessible?
If you are searching about how to watch MeTV on Roku, first let me clear one thing that there doesn’t exist any app like “MeTV” on the Roku Channel Store where you can get all the relevant stuff to watch.
However, you can always watch the MeTV content on the Frndly TV channel. You can find it on the Roku Channel Store, where you can install and download Frdnly TV to access any of your favorite content from MeTV.
Add Frndly TV Channel to Access MeTV on Roku
Before I dive into the process of accessing MeTv shows, let me tell you that before this, a prior subscription to Frndly TV is required which you can avail for $6.99 per month.
However, if you have already purchased a Frndly TV subscription, you can directly implement the steps which are as follows:
- From the homepage of your Roku TV, scroll downwards unless you reach the menu, and from here, choose the option that reads, “Streaming Channels.”
- Pick the search option, and herein, enter the term “Frndly TV.”
- Tap on the Frndly TV channel as soon as it appears in the results and select the option that reads, “Add Channel.”
- Wait till the Frndly TV gets installed completely. Once the process of installation gets completed, follow the instructions.
Hurray, you can enjoy watching MeTV on Frndly TV after it is activated completely.
Other Paid Sources to Get MeTV on Roku
Let me tell you that there always exist other options apart from the Frndly TV to stream MeTV content on your Roku.
So, if you think about whether you can choose to opt for any alternative to stream MeTV shows, then the answer is Yes, you can. Below mentioned are the two other paid alternatives to Frndly TV:
- You can select another channel, Philo TV, and freely enjoy watching your favorite MeTV shows.
- Like Frndly, the Philo channel is also a paid version; thus, you have to buy its subscription, which will cost you $25 per month.
Can I Stream MeTV on Roku for Free?
Yes, you can watch some selected MeTV shows for free of cost, such as Batman, The Andy Griffith Show, The Honeymooners, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and Dragnet.
To enjoy watching your favorite MeTV content on Roku without paying anything, go through the below-explained channels which will allow you to do that:
A free live-streaming app, Pluto TV provides you with a variety of live-streaming channels. Some of them include Classic TV Comedy, Classic TV Families, and Classic TV Crime Drama, along with access to some renowned shows such as The Carol Burnett Show, Matlock, and Perry Mason.
FreeVee is included in Amazon’s free TV service and has a decent classic TV section for you to watch. Some of its popular shows include The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, All in the Family, and Perry Mason.
The Roku Channel
Let me tell you that the free service of Roku, The Roku Channel offers you a classic section that includes Green Acres, the Donna Reed Show, I Dream of Jeanie, Bonaza, and many more. The diversified type of classic shows on the Roku channel can easily compete with FreeVee.
Note: You can’t stream MeTV’s content on Roku TV directly. However, mirroring its content via either your smartphone or PC on Roku TV can help stream MeTV content.
Some Other Options
If you are looking for some other free alternatives for streaming Me TV on Roku, then TUBI- Free Movies & TV and PEACOCK (FREE) are also one of the decent options you can choose from.
All the significant channels mentioned above will allow you to watch some specific MeTV shows for free. The PLUTO TV comes at the top of all 4 on which you can watch 20 shows out of the complete 50 MeTV shows.
Apart from the shows stated above, you can also watch many other shows as well that are available for free, but these 5 are the most popular of all and hence stand apart from the rest.
My Suggestion: I will suggest you install all of these 4 channels on your Roku device so that you don’t compromise the availability of options to choose from while accessing MeTV shows.
After having discussed how adding the Frndly TV channel can help you access MeTV on Roku, now let’s try to understand how to watch MeTV on Roku via Android and Apple devices.
How to Stream Me TV on Roku Through Android?
It’s surprising to know that by using either your phone or tablet, you can mirror your Roku and watch your favorite MeTV shows on the app.
Let’s first try to understand how to access the app using an Android phone:
Note: Before proceeding with the process, make sure that you have connected both of your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
- From your Roku device, open “Settings” and then the “System” option.
- Subsequently, choose the “Screen mirroring” option and then finally, the option that says, “Enable screen mirroring.”
- On some specific models, you will be supposed to select either of the two options, “Prompt” or “Always allow.”
- Now it’s time to download the “MeTV” app on your Android device.
- Select the “casting” feature on your Android; however, depending upon the different models, its location may vary too. To have clarity in this aspect, refer to the following points:
- If you use a Google Pixel 5 device, then open “Settings” and then “Connected devices.” Thereafter, select “Connection preferences” and herein, “Cast.”
- However, for all of you who use Galaxy21, all you need is to swipe using two fingers from the top and herein select either “Screen Mirroring” or “Smart View.” The reason is that these models have an in-built “Screen Mirroring” or “Smart View” option.
- On other Android devices, you can simply move to “Settings” and then launch: “Display” >> “Cast Screen.”
- Lastly, choose the “Menu” option, and herein, tap on the option that reads. “Enable Wireless Display.”
- Now, launch the MeTV app on your Android once it gets installed completely. Follow the set of instructions on the screen to set up the app.
- Tap on the “Menu icon, i.e., three horizontal lines” from the upper left corner and then tap on “Watch.”
Choose any of the shows you want to watch. To enjoy watching its content in full screen on your Roku, simply rotate your phone so that the display of the video gets converted into landscape mode.
How to Stream Me TV on Roku Through iPhone or iPad?
Likewise, I mentioned in the case of Android phones both your Roku and Apple devices have to be connected to the same WiFi network in this context also.
- Pick up the Roku remote and press its “Home” button to direct toward the home screen.
- To move towards the left menu pane, press on the “Left” option.
- After opening “Settings,” choose the option that says “Apple Airway and Homekit” and, subsequently, tap on “Airplay” >> “On.”
- Now, come towards your Apple device, iPhone, or iPad. Swipe from the top to open its quick menu and choose the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Choose the name of your Roku that you want to connect with your Apple device.
- Provide the code if it prompts you to do so.
- Download the MeTV app on your Apple device, and once it’s installed, follow the set of instructions displayed on your screen.
- Tap on the “Menu icon,” which you can locate in the upper left corner. Thereafter, tap on “Watch.”
Congratulations! Now you can choose any of your favorite MeTV shows to watch.
To access the content in full screen on your Roku, simply rotate your Apple device, and the video will start displaying in landscape mode.
With this, we have come to an end, and I hope you got your queries resolved by now regarding how to watch MeTV on Roku.
Though you can’t stream the content directly, adding Frndly TV or mirroring through your Android or iPhone devices will surely get your wish fulfilled.
Once you end up completing all the steps I mentioned above, all you need is to choose your favorite MeTV show and enjoy watching it on your Roku device.
A: MeTV is an online channel on Roku TV that allows you to watch several classic television programs of the early 1990s and the 1950s era.
A: Unfortunately. your Roku Channel Store doesn’t have the MeTV app currently.
A: Through any of the channels, Frndly TV or Philo TV, available on your Roku channel store, you can watch MeTV shows.
A: Yes, accessing MeTV content is a legal activity; you don’t have to worry about it.
MeTV, Where to Watch MeTV?
Reddit Community, How can you stream MeTV on roku